New government grants for SMEs
The government has recently approved and launched new financial support to help small and medium sized businesses that import/export
from or to the UK. The SME Brexit Support Fund could provide up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice, if your business has
up to 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover.
The funding will aid staff training in the following areas:
- how to complete customs declarations
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
So who can apply?
- Established in the UK have been for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- Not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- Have no more than 500 employees
- Have no more than £100 million turnover
- Import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
How you will apply
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) will be administering the grants for HMRC.
You can apply online but applications are yet to open so make sure you keep an eye for the official application opening date.
The following link can be used and details can be found here.